Based on Apple’s preview post, iOS 9.3 comes with a new Night Shift mode, better privacy for Note apps, improvements to News, HealthKit among the highlights. Here’s a quick look at the features.
Night Shift mode: Apple says that exposure to bright blue light as we stay glued to our phones all day and night could harm sleep cycles. So the company is adding a night shift to iPhones, iPads where the clock and geolocation will determine when its sunset in your place and based on this will switch the colours in the display to more warmer tones. In the morning, the settings will return to the normal.
So why warmer colours over blue light? As this post on iMore explains, the short blue wavelength builds up histamine in our bodies, suppressing melatonin and interfering with sleep cycles. The warmer yellow tones help build melatonin ensuring better sleep cycles.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Now lock Notes app: If you’re one of those who keep a lot of private information such as financial details, medical information, etc on the Notes App, iOS 9.3 will now let you lock the app via Touch ID.
The update will also let users sort notes by date created, date modified, or alphabetically.
News App: Apple has improved the ‘For You’ feature in the News App. The News app, which kind of resembles Flipboard, is not yet available in India.
Don’t miss: Apple iPad Pro review blog: So, what is with this screen size?
HealthKit: iOS 9.3 will make it easier to find third-party apps to track health and wellness. Also categories such as Weight, Workouts, and Sleep have a new slider menu that will showcase apps you can add to the Health dashboard. The Health app also now displays move, exercise, and stand data, as well as goals, from the Apple Watch as well.
CarPlay: With iOS 9.3, CarPlay gets features like New and For You from Apple Music and the Nearby feature in Maps to help users find local restaurants, coffee shops etc.
Apple has not yet confirmed a date for the public roll-out of iOS 9.3. The company recently acknowledged that there is an issue with its iPhones, where the exact battery percentage might not get reflected.