Apple has put out a preview for the next version of its iOS update for iPhones and iPads: iOS 9.3. The beta version of iOS 9.3 is now out for public testers.
Based on Apple’s preview post, iOS 9.3 comes with a new Night Shift mode, better privacy for Note apps, improvements to News, HealthKit among the highlights. Here’s a quick look at the features.
Night Shift mode: Apple says that exposure to bright blue light as we stay glued to our phones all day and night could harm sleep cycles. So the company is adding a night shift to iPhones, iPads where the clock and geolocation will determine when its sunset in your place and based on this will switch the colours in the display to more warmer tones. In the morning, the settings will return to the normal.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
So why warmer colours over blue light? As this post on iMore explains, the short blue wavelength builds up histamine in our bodies, suppressing melatonin and interfering with sleep cycles. The warmer yellow tones help build melatonin ensuring better sleep cycles.
Now lock Notes app: If you’re one of those who keep a lot of private information such as financial details, medical information, etc on the Notes App, iOS 9.3 will now let you lock the app via Touch ID.
The update will also let users sort notes by date created, date modified, or alphabetically.
News App: Apple has improved the ‘For You’ feature in the News App. The News app, which kind of resembles Flipboard, is not yet available in India.
Don’t miss: Apple iPad Pro review blog: So, what is with this screen size?
HealthKit: iOS 9.3 will make it easier to find third-party apps to track health and wellness. Also categories such as Weight, Workouts, and Sleep have a new slider menu that will showcase apps you can add to the Health dashboard. The Health app also now displays move, exercise, and stand data, as well as goals, from the Apple Watch as well.
CarPlay: With iOS 9.3, CarPlay gets features like New and For You from Apple Music and the Nearby feature in Maps to help users find local restaurants, coffee shops etc.
Apple has not yet confirmed a date for the public roll-out of iOS 9.3. The company recently acknowledged that there is an issue with its iPhones, where the exact battery percentage might not get reflected.