Immersion Corporation, one of the leading developer of touch feedback technology has filed a patent infringement complaint against Apple with the US International Trade Commission.
According to the complaint, Immersion Corporation claims that Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and Apple Watch models infringe some of the patents related to haptic feedback systems.
Apple had announced Taptic engine with Apple Watch and 12-inch Macbook. The feature provides haptic feedback using force sensors integrated with the display or touchpad of the device. Apple also transformed that tech for its iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus calling it Force Touch.
Force Touch was undoubtedly the most important thing on new iPhones. It uses haptic feedback with pressure sensitive display. A gentle press on the display gives peak while the deep press opens up the image or file completely.
“Immersion and its employees have worked diligently for over 20 years to invent solutions and build an ecosystem of content and playback devices that enable realistic and rich digital experiences. Touch matters, as it informs, excites and humanizes the digital world we interact with every day. Many of our licensed customers are market leaders that benefit from our innovation in touch technology,” said Immersion’s CEO Victor Viegas in a statement.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Immersion Corporation’s complaint seeks an exclusion order preventing the importation of infringing Apple device into the US in the ITC complaint.