A couple of quarters after the Apple Watch was launched, the company has started dominating the segment with over 12 million shipments in 2015. Research firm Canalys estimates this to be two-thirds of all shipments in the segments.
The second place went to Samsung in Q4, as the improved Gear S2 made it popular with customers across the world. Pebble came third while Huawei came fourth, making the Chinese company the leading Android Wear vendor.
Basic bands, meanwhile, clocked over 37 million shipments for the year led by Fitbit and followed by Xiaomi which shipped 12 million Mi Bands.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Analyst Jason Low attributes Apples success to holiday sales where the company managed to rack up over five million shipments. In fact, holiday shipments for Fitbit, Apple and Garmin drove growth of over 60% sequentially for all wearable bands.
Across the entire wearable bands segment, Fitbit led all vendors in Q4, followed by Apple and Xiaomi.
“Software increasingly belongs on the wrist, and this is the direction the market is going,” said Analyst Daniel Matte. “As the next step along this path, the Fitbit Blaze is the right product for the company to develop. It is competitively priced and is still being squarely focused on fitness.”
Wearable band shipment data is taken from Canalys’ Wearable Technology Analysis service, which provides quarterly market tracking, including country-level estimates.