A couple of quarters after the Apple Watch was launched, the company has started dominating the segment with over 12 million shipments in 2015. Research firm Canalys estimates this to be two-thirds of all shipments in the segments.
The second place went to Samsung in Q4, as the improved Gear S2 made it popular with customers across the world. Pebble came third while Huawei came fourth, making the Chinese company the leading Android Wear vendor.
Basic bands, meanwhile, clocked over 37 million shipments for the year led by Fitbit and followed by Xiaomi which shipped 12 million Mi Bands.
Analyst Jason Low attributes Apples success to holiday sales where the company managed to rack up over five million shipments. In fact, holiday shipments for Fitbit, Apple and Garmin drove growth of over 60% sequentially for all wearable bands.
Across the entire wearable bands segment, Fitbit led all vendors in Q4, followed by Apple and Xiaomi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Software increasingly belongs on the wrist, and this is the direction the market is going,” said Analyst Daniel Matte. “As the next step along this path, the Fitbit Blaze is the right product for the company to develop. It is competitively priced and is still being squarely focused on fitness.”
Wearable band shipment data is taken from Canalys’ Wearable Technology Analysis service, which provides quarterly market tracking, including country-level estimates.