Bharti Airtel has announced it deployed ‘V-Fiber’ technology in Chennai to offer superfast broadband speeds to its customers. The technology is claimed to deliver speeds of up to 100 Mbps on Airtel’s fixed broadband. The service will be rolled out in 87 more cities in the coming weeks. Airtel says it is the first operator in India to deploy Vectorization. Airtel has upgraded its equipment to handle fiber speeds. “V-Fiber will transform the home broadband for Airtel customers with consistently superfast data speeds and enable HD video streaming, heavy file downloads and uploads in a multi-device environment (over Wi-Fi),” Airtel said in a press statement. To experience Airtel’s new ‘V-Fiber’ speeds, one simply needs to upgrade to a new modem.
Existing Airtel broadband customers can upgrade to ‘V-Fiber’ speeds with their current plan at no extra monthly charges. Airtel says it will refund the modem charges within a month if users are not happy with the service. Also, the amount will be adjusted in their next bill cycle. New users get three months trial offer.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“With ‘V-Fiber’ and our national optic fiber backbone, we are all set to offer a future ready network for tomorrow’s digitally connected homes. This solution, besides reducing our carbon footprint, offers a very quick and convenient upgrade to the customer. We are also delighted to launch our innovative myHome Rewards and unlimited free voice calling facility for our customers,” said Ajai Puri, Director – Operations, Bharti Airtel.
Airtel is also offering unlimited free voice calling to all of its broadband customers. The service is now live across broadband plans. Customers can make free voice calls to any network across the country. Airtel recently launched the ‘myHome Rewards’ program for its broadband customers. Under the program, customers will get free additional data benefit of 5GB per month for every other Airtel service connection – postpaid mobile or digital TV (DTH) – within the home.