Airtel has announced a new scheme offering prepaid consumers the freedom to use data plans without any fear of their validity period expiring before the plans are used. The company claims these new data plans with unrestricted validity are a first in the Indian market.
Ajai Puri, Director – Market Operations, Bharti Airtel said these unrestricted validity data plans “give prepaid customers the flexibility to enjoy mobile internet services without worrying about any validity restrictions”.
- Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone 4G monthly prepaid plans compared
- Airtel vs Reliance Jio’s unlimited calls, 4G data plans: Here’s a quick comparison
- Airtel's new Rs 495 recharge has free unlimited calls bundled with 84GB data
- BSNL's Rs 8 and Rs 19 plans offer voice calls at 15 paisa per minute
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel's new prepaid plans from Rs 5, Rs 8 to Rs 399
- Airtel vs Reliance Jio vs Vodafone vs Idea: Comparison of recharge packs with 84GB data
The three new tariff plans are available for Airtel’s prepaid mobile customers in Delhi and Mumbai starting December 24. Airtel mobile customers in other cities will be able to avail the same from December 29.
However, the catch seems to be the fact the largest of these plans is a measly 110MB which on a 4G network won’t take more than a couple of days to complete.
Airtel unlimited validity option is available for 2G, 3G and 4G.