After Instagram and Facebook, now WhatsApp is looking to copy Snapchat’s popular Stories feature. The WhatsApp Beta app on Android and iOS appears to have a new ‘Status’ tab, which is where these ‘Stories’ can be uploaded and seen. According to the Twitter account, WABetaInfo which is known for its leaks on the messaging app, the new ‘Status’ in WhatsApp will the equivalent of Instagram Stories, which are a true copy of Snapchat’s feature.
WhatsApp’s Beta app on Android already has the video-calling feature for those who have signed up for the beta testing program. However, the new Status/Stories style feature is a hidden one, that appears only on a rooted Android device or jailbroken iOS phone.
According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp Status might sound similar to the current feature, where people can post one line sentences as their status update, but it is in fact very different. The new ‘Status’ feature will let users upload photos, just like Instagram or Snapchat stories, see how many people have viewed their stories, as well as decide privacy settings on who can see their ‘Status updates’. On Snapchat too, people can view exactly how many of their friends have seen their Stories.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
WhatsApp beta for Android 2.16.336 is the version which has the new tab for publishing status updates. Just like on Snapchat or Instagram, where people can scribble and add text on top of Stories aka Photos they are uploading, WhatsApp will also allow for the same.
Snapchat is the app that Facebook really wants to kill and after Instagram, it seems WhatsApp will be getting the Stories feature next. Facebook is also testing new camera features, which will allow users to try out live face filters just like Snapchat. On Instagram, Stories are also seeing a lot more traction, which is not surprising given the app has over 300 million daily active users, nearly double that of Snapchat.
On WhatsApp’s Android beta, the video-calling feature has already gone live, and it is expected to roll out to the main app soon. We’ll have to wait and see how soon the Stories feature opens up for all users.