WhatsApp with its latest update for iOS brings Siri integration, which will enhance how the app is used on iOS 10. WhatsApp version 2.16.10 is an 88.4mb download that came out yesterday, with a greater focus on devices running iOS 10. Some of the most useful changes will only run on Apple’s latest software, giving you a greater reason to update to iOS 10 today.
WhatsApp’s latest update brings the following features-
1. It is now possible to forward media or messages to multiple chats at once now.
2. The update brings integration of Siri, and users will now be able to rely on Apple’s voice-assistant to to send WhatsApp messages or place WhatsApp calls. To use this feature, a user needs to be on iOS 10 that was made available OTA last night in India.
3. It has been a minor inconvenience for users, forcing them to unlock their device to answer a WhatsApp call. With the new update it is possible to connect to the call right from the lock screen, just like a standard call. This feature is also limited to devices running iOS 10.
4. Apple has introduced widgets with the latest OS. A new WhatsApp widget will now let you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages.
5. Tweaking the share settings, WhatsApp will now show you frequently contacted users on your phone when you try to forward a message or media.
6. There is now a new quick forward button on photos and videos inside chat as well.
8. The new update will now let you double tap your screen to switch between the front and rear cameras when taking photos or videos.
The update 2.16.10 for iOS did not bring GIF support and video calls as suggested by previous reports.
WhatsApp is expected to bring Snapchat-like features to its platform, which will give the ability to scribble on pictures and also let users add stickers to them. These features have been spotted on WhatsApp’s latest Android beta version. It remains to be see when these are launched for iOS as well.