Uber has recently announced the launch of a new app, which the company says is ‘rebuilt completely from the ground up’. The new Uber app is designed to ‘learn from your routines’, which now gives predictions to users as to where they could be headed. “Re-engineered keeping in mind the changing needs of riders around the world, the new rider app aims to recapture the clean and simple aesthetic of the original Uber experience – without sacrificing the choice the riders now expect – a faster, smarter and more personalised rider app,” the company said in a press statement.
The new Uber app also comes with a redesigned logo. Here are the changes that you will find with the new Uber app:
1) Destination first – The company says the new app has been re-imagined around the principle of “Where to?”, which now tailors for a better journey by starting with rider destination.
2) Shortcuts – The new app is designed to learn from the routine of users, who will now see ‘shortcuts’ that will be able to predict where they are headed.
3) Calendar Integration – The feature of integration of a user’s calendar to the Uber app will help create ‘shortcuts’ automatically when a meeting is scheduled to happen.
4) People Search – This is one of Uber’s upcoming new features that will allow users to set destination to a person instead of a place by syncing their contact with the app. Once the location has been shared by the person, the Uber ride is ready to go.
5) Choose car, compare fare upfront – Uber will be making it easier to compare the fare of a different car services that it offers – UberGo, UberX and Uber Pool.
Uber says that it will help users make the most out of their ride, and will soon start offering functions for increased productivity for the rider. The app will also help split fares, and also share trip status with friends and family.
A new feature will be coming to the app called Uber Feed, according to TheVerge. This feature will give users an even more tailored experience for the ride, and will let them check upcoming departures of buses, trains and subway. There will also be a feature that will let users browse Yelp reviews right from the app, which will also be bringing integration of Foursquare. Users will also be able to order food on the way to work or home through the Uber Eats feature.
For all the latest Tech News, download Indian Express App now