Facebook will now allow users to share Spotify music on Facebook Messenger, the company announced in a post. The social-media giant has been planning a full-scale expansion of its Messenger platform, and Spotify integration is just another step towards it.
Facebook Messenger’s post announcing it says, “Listen up! Spotify is now available for Messenger, meaning you can say “Hello” to your friends…or “Sorry” if needed. We’re making it easy for you to let your friends know what music you are loving at any moment.”
Facebook Messenger is fast growing into a self-fulfilled platform and has close to 500 million users. It recently announced an integration with Uber into the Messenger app for US users so that they can just book a cab without leaving the app at all.
The Spotify music-sharing feature is very similar, and users will be able to share songs quickly without leaving Facebook Messenger. While Spotify already has its own sharing feature, the integration will make it even easier for users to share songs directly through Messenger.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“While chatting, tap the More tab and then choose Spotify to get started. Or if a friend sends you a song, just tap “Open” to hop over to Spotify to start listening. This is rolling out today and will be available broadly soon,” the Facebook post said.
Last year Facebook confirmed the roll-out of M, an AI-based assistant for Messenger. M will completes tasks, find information on a user’s behalf, purchase items, get gifts delivered, book restaurants, fix appointments and more.
Facebook Messenger is only expected to grow big in the coming years, and integrate services like buying grocery to booking appointments for users. The Spotify feature is available for both iOS and Android.