Facebook will now allow users to share Spotify music on Facebook Messenger, the company announced in a post. The social-media giant has been planning a full-scale expansion of its Messenger platform, and Spotify integration is just another step towards it.
Facebook Messenger’s post announcing it says, “Listen up! Spotify is now available for Messenger, meaning you can say “Hello” to your friends…or “Sorry” if needed. We’re making it easy for you to let your friends know what music you are loving at any moment.”
Facebook Messenger is fast growing into a self-fulfilled platform and has close to 500 million users. It recently announced an integration with Uber into the Messenger app for US users so that they can just book a cab without leaving the app at all.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Spotify music-sharing feature is very similar, and users will be able to share songs quickly without leaving Facebook Messenger. While Spotify already has its own sharing feature, the integration will make it even easier for users to share songs directly through Messenger.
“While chatting, tap the More tab and then choose Spotify to get started. Or if a friend sends you a song, just tap “Open” to hop over to Spotify to start listening. This is rolling out today and will be available broadly soon,” the Facebook post said.
Last year Facebook confirmed the roll-out of M, an AI-based assistant for Messenger. M will completes tasks, find information on a user’s behalf, purchase items, get gifts delivered, book restaurants, fix appointments and more.
Facebook Messenger is only expected to grow big in the coming years, and integrate services like buying grocery to booking appointments for users. The Spotify feature is available for both iOS and Android.