The key to a good selfie is actually a lot of things. Taking selfies is an art that you need to master and the results…it has to be the perfect mix of a good smartphone, perfect lighting and, yeah, that duck face. Or does it? Here are a few quick steps that will help you take near perfect selfies.
We have seen a surge of selfie-centric smartphones in the market. Most recently, Oppo F1 was launched, which boasts of a 8 megapixel front camera at Rs 15,999. In our review, we noted that the camera gives clear, crisp images. More such contenders in the same category are LeEco’s Le 1s and Huawei Honor 5X.
Discover the angle
Firstly, you need to discover what angle suits your face the best. Take multiple selfies from different angles initially. Shortlist the ones which you feel make you look good. Once, you have figured the right angle for yourself, again take a number of selfies only to master it till perfection. So, the next time you go out with your friends or are willing to take a selfie, just insist on standing at that particular angle so as you look your best.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
One hand distance
We have all used this ‘one-hand distance’ formula while standing in a queue in schools. But now apply the same to take great selfies. Yes, you heard it right, stretch your hand, probably upwards or whichever angle suits you to get as much as you can in a selfie. After all, that cute dress that you are wearing is equally worthy the attention. Also, especially if you are wearing make-up, it is a good idea to take pictures from a distance as you wouldn’t want the details of that foundation and eye-liner showcased explicitly. The rule also helps to capture the beauty around if you are in a picturesque landscape.
Mirror selfies can be a bit tricky for you never know what has it captured besides you. Now remember, it is not just you and the mirror that is going to be in the frame, so make sure you clean around. Make sure, you don’t have make-up or clothes lying all over you bed (if your bed too comes in the frame). The next and probably the most important thing is that your mirror should be absolutely clean.
Next up is the lighting factor. If you have a light source placed in front of the mirror, well then, just get it changed! The bulb or tube-light should be right above your mirror so as to get a good picture. Also, do not ignore your body posture. Stand straight but not too uptight, look in the phone camera instead of mirror and keep your smartphone a bit low to capture both face and the rest of the body.
Light, expression, action!
Most of the mid-budget smartphones do not pack a very good low-light selfie camera, so it is best to find a source of light if you doing so in dim outdoors. Always make sure that you are standing in front of a window or a door, basically a light source. So, if you in a car for example, stretch your hands outside the window to take a picture. The same thing goes for taking selfies in bright outdoors but also make sure you are not over-exposed.
Do not pout, if you absolutely do not have to, a smile would do. Nobody likes to look at dull selfies (unless of course you look cute when you’re dull). You could laugh or smile or smirk or make other interesting expressions while taking selfies. Show your teeth if you will look good, focus on accessories you want people to notice. There’s no hard and fast rule to it, just do what makes you confident.
All done, now is the time to make your selfies breathtaking! If you have followed all the steps mentioned above, then you are the master of great selfies. But there’s last little thing that you need to do to make them better. Use filters. There are a number of photo-filter apps out there for both Android and iOS. There’s Snapseed, that might seem like the app has limited options for editing pictures but you are in for a surprise as you start using the app going to one effect from another, one by one. Retrica, VSCO and PicsArt are among others that will help you edit share selfies in a better way. Here is our top five pick.