• Associate Sponsor

Ola cabs now has ‘Ola Share’ a social ride-sharing feature in Bengaluru

Ola had launched 'Ola Share', a ride-sharing feature in the city of Bengaluru. The feature will go live in the Ola app itself.

By: Tech Desk | Updated: October 14, 2015 8:27 am

OlaCabs, OlaCabs Share, Ola Share feature, Ola Share cabs, Share an Ola, Ola Cabs Bengaluru, Ola India, Ola vs Uber, technology, technology newsOla had launched ‘Ola Share’, a ride-sharing feature in the city of Bengaluru. The feature will go live within the Ola app itself.

Ola says the share is available in beta for select customers in Bangalore at an introductory fare of Rs 50. ‘Ola Share’ cab will start to separate category on the Ola app.

Ola says it uses advanced algorithms to match users who plan to travel on the same route in real time, within a user’s identified social groups. The ride can be shared with up to two other users from the social groups that a user is part of; in total three users can share one ride.

Related Article

Ola has also added social groups on its app, where colleagues, friends, etc can form one group and thus come together to share the ride. A user can join multiple groups, says Ola.

Once additional user’s en-route is identified, the driver’s device gets an alert with navigation to their pickup location within minutes, to allow the other users to join the ride. Ola plans to roll out OlaShare across 5 cities over the next three months.

For all the latest Technology News, download Indian Express App

1. MyCotra Technoligies
    Oct 18, 2017 at 12:14 pm
    MyCotra is a car pooling social networking app which will help the vehicle owners to share their vehicle space with others who requested via app. The app will also help the users to know some detail about the vehicle owner before requesting for sharing the vehicle space. They can be friends/family or strangers but without disclosing their contact details more they can have a text chat. s: mycotra /
    (1)(0)
    1. H
      himanshu
      Mar 29, 2016 at 11:57 am
      Use my Coupon : ZB19DC to get free rides .
      (0)(0)
      1. Sapan Mahajan
        Nov 22, 2015 at 10:21 am
        Request your help to take action against Ola There was an emergency to travel outstation from Hyderabad to Jalandhar for my parents as my maternal gmother was in ICU. I have made an advance Ola cab booking (CRN 148921676) for the airport drop in the morning and also got the confirmation message for the same. However, their driver refused to come in last minute . I immediately called customer care department to help me out with alternate cab, however they have put me on hold for 10 minutes and then cut the call. Both the driver and customer care failed to deliver their service to us and gave us the mental trauma. As a result, my parents missed their flight to Delhi and connecting train to Jalandhar, which resulted in huge loss of money of around Rs.10,000 beside mental tension. Rs.10,000 is not the small amount for the middle cl person and losing it due to other person negligence is unbearable. It has been more than 5 days , I have been trying to reach Ola for refund of my flight and train cancellation charges due to their negligence. However, I am not getting any positive response from them. They even did not bother to call us back to understand our problem. Such a pathetic atude they are showing to us. Following are the words of Mr. Bhavish Aggarwal- CEO of Ola on IIT – B alumni website- “At Ola cabs, we are trying to provide hle-free, reliable and technology-efficient cab service to Indians in a deeply fragmented and highly unpredictable market of car/taxi services where there is a significant shortage of easy and comfortable on-ground options for transportation be it within a city or outside”. However, company failed to deliver what their CEO itself speaks about! I request to kindly help me out for my refund as it’s a big financial loss I have suffered because of OLA and only social media can help me out for the same .
        (1)(0)
        1. T
          tarun
          Oct 15, 2015 at 4:37 am
          good article and good concept. I think ride sharing shall be the norm in price conscious India. I prefer rideally, though. it has established it self as a premier service in Bangalore and other pat. really good customer service.
          (0)(0)
          1. V
            vinod
            Nov 11, 2015 at 10:40 pm
            Please let us know how to activate this option in ola app? I could not see this option in the app
            (0)(0)