MobiKwik Lite the new 1MB app from the mobile wallet player, which is designed to work even on 2G networks, has hit 20 lakh downloads in 48 hours, claims the company. MobiKwik says they have registered over 20 lakh downloads within the first two days of launch.
The demonetisation drive has resulted in a boost for mobile wallets with players like Paytm, MobiKwik and FreeCharge seeing a boost in usage. However, one of the issues with these apps is that they are data heavy, and need a high-end smartphone to function well. But MobiKwik has tried to solve that issue with the Lite app.
“We are committed to support the Government of India’s mission of a clean, cashless economy and launched MobiKwik Lite with an objective to help masses across the country go cashless,” said Upasana Taku, Co-founder of MobiKwik in an announcement.
“This astounding response demonstrates that a right & simple product, that resolves a real issue, will always be accepted well by the masses,” she added.
MobiKwik Lite also enables users in receiving payments through UPI and wallets, including MobiKwik by sending an SMS to their customers. Bank transfers are also free for all MobiKwik Lite users till March 31, next year. The app is available in Hindi and English languages. Users can give a missed call to 80971-80971 from any Android smartphone, and download the app; this applies to even those who don’t have an email id and or have not signed into their Google Play Store account.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“MobiKwik Lite has a very simple interface for the sellers and their customers do not even need to download the app to make payments. We hope to reach the milestone of 10 million downloads by early 2017,” added Upansa.
MobiKwik says their app works even on 2G/EDGE connection and given the 1MB size a user can download it within seconds after they receive a link via SMS. The user can register simply via their mobile number, and the company says it even works with phones running dated versions of Android.
MobiKwik is also deploying an on-ground workforce of 10,000 to reach out to unorganised retailers in order educate them about the app.