Line, the popular messaging platform has introduced a new Android app, Line Lite, which has an installation size of less than 1MB and yet includes most of the prominent features.
- Comio S1 Lite, C2 Lite budget phones launched in India: Price, specs, features
- Honor 9 Lite review: At Rs 10,999, this is the best budget phone right now
- Ola launches 1MB ‘Lite’ app to serve tier II, III markets
- Data-friendly Twitter ‘Lite’ app rollout begins, to reach India soon
- Twitter testing less data consuming version of Android app, Twitter Lite
- Twitter tests lightweight Android app in the Philippines
Line Lite is a lightweight version of Lite app and is aimed at emerging markets like Algeria, Cambodia, Colombia, Egypt, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Korea and Vietnam. Line Lite is siad to utilize less storage space and also use less data for communication. With Line Lite, users can text, send stickers nad share images. Line plans to bring audio and video calling features to Line Lite in the near future.
Line currently has an install base of over 205 million monthly users in 230 countries and regions around the world. With Lite app, Line promises to deliver rich communication to users in regions with poor network infrastructure or those using lower-end smartphones.
Earlier Facebook had also introduced a Lite version of its popular app. With Lite app, Line aims to provide users with better satisfaction and also improve its user base in the merging markets. The Lite version of app will only be available on Android for now.