Instagram app for Windows 10 is expanding beyond mobiles with the launch of PC and tablet friendly versions. Back in April, Facebook had announced collection of apps including Facebook, Messenger and Instagram for Windows 10. The apps were built on Microsoft’s Windows 10 universal platform with support for features like live tiles and cross platform scaling.
Back then, Instagram was made available only to mobile device users and now Facebook-owned Instagram is bringing the app to PCs and tablets. With the new app, Windows 10 users can use the app right from their Windows 10 tablet or PC. The app also offers other Windows only experiences like Live Tiles, with live preview of new photos and notifications.
Top Instagram features available with Windows 10 tablet and PC app:
1. Post and edit photos: With the new app, Instagram users can share pictures with their followers and fellow Instagrammers right from the PC or tablet. The app on Windows 10 PC and tablet primarily offers speed and ease of access.
2. Stories: Stories is the latest from Instagram app. The app allows users to see Stories people you follow in a row at the top of the Feed.
3. Instagram Live Tile: Live Tile has been the single most differentiator about Windows 10 since the debut of Windows Phone. With Instagram app, user can find out what their friends and family are up to at a glance.
4. Rich, native notifications: The new app sends rich and native notifications about recent updates.
5. Instagram Direct: With Instagram Direct, Windows 10 PC and tablet users can exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts from their Feed as a message.