Instagram will hold its first ever photograph exhibition in India on Thursday where photos generated from the photo and video sharing app will be displayed.
The social media app, owned by Facebook, will put on display community generated Instagram posts around the theme ‘Celebrating Diversity of Bengal’ at the ICCR gallery here.
The community-centric photo exhibition will feature a combination of images covering festivals of West Bengal and images from the local Instagram community capturing diversity of the state in landscape, people, food, wildlife, architecture, etc.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“People today are finding their visual voice through the images we capture and share with others, each image telling a story about what we’re experiencing. Images are universal. They transcend language and cultural barriers,” a statement from the company said.
It said that the Instagram community in India has shown its inclination towards portraying cultural nuances using the power of mobile app.