Google has announced that it will host a live contest called ‘Startup India Standup India’ for start-ups, which are still in their early stage. The winner will receive $100,000 worth of Cloud Credit by the company. India ranks third in the world with 4,200 start-ups after US and UK, a number that is expected to rise further in the next couple of years.
Rajan Anandan, VP & Managing Director, Google South East Asia & India said, “With the Startup India Stand up India event, the Government of India has shown great foresight in providing a platform to the start-ups in the country. And we’re delighted to carry forward the vision and align with ‘Start-up India Stand Up India’ efforts, with a special session focussing on early stage startups by providing them a platform to present their ideas to the world under our Launchpad Program.”
Google has short-listed five startups. People can vote for their favourite start-up in the next two days. The top three start-ups will then be invited to Google Launchpad Week, where the winner will be decided. The teams will also be eligible for consideration to the Launchpad Accelerator Program in July 2016, if they meet the program criteria.
Here are the top five shortlisted start-ups:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Reap Benefit, founded in July 2013, is a social enterprise which aims to solve local environment and civic problems like sanitation, waste, air quality, energy by engaging the youth. In the last 3 years, they have developed several low cost solutions like water-less urinals, weather stations, organic enzyme to convert food waste into compost and many more.
Cardiac Design Labs
MIRCaM (Mobile Intelligent Remote Cardiac Monitor) suite comprises of a Bodyworn unit, Patient’s Bedside Unit, MIRCaM Doctor’s Terminal and MIRCaM Doctor’s Mobile App. It provides real time analysis and generate instant alarms on episode detection, thus enhancing patient care and safety.
Guru-G converts existing content into adaptive teaching packs. These packs provide in-class guidance to teachers on different ways in which they can teach a topic. The guidance adapts to the teacher’s past behaviour, student moods & the practices that have resulted in best learning outcomes for their students.
SlamdunQ focuses on using wearable technology to unleash sporting potential. It was found in August 2014 and uses smartwatches and smartbands to develop applications for these wearables.
Sbalabs Pvt. Ltd. – Jackboy Sense & Kalink
This start-up repurposes carbon in the air pollution to create industrial grade raw material for printing industry like inks, pigments and paints.