Google Search will now let users book an Uber or Ola directly from the mobile browser itself. Google Maps already had the option of booking Ola or Uber in India, and now this is being extended to the mobile search bar itself. The option for ride-booking will show when a user tries to find directions to a place on the mobile search bar.
Google users will now get a tab for ride services, both Uber and Ola, with fare estimates and pick up times if a car is available near their location when they search in the mobile browser. So if a user types specific requests, like say ‘Taxi to Delhi railway station’ to ‘Uber for Delhi Airport’, the app/browser will ask the users to pick which service they want and it will automatically redirect them to the app for booking the ride.
If a user doesn’t have the app, then Google Search will show a link to install the app. So it looks like Google doesn’t want to kill the apps yet. However the new feature is definitely an evolution of how mobile search works for Google.
“Choosing the best transit option can be a task at times, our aim is to help users simplify their everyday travel. With this, users will be able to order, explore and make quick comparisons about the best estimated taxi fare directly from Google Search results on their mobile,” said Sanket Gupta, Program Manager, Google.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
With Uber and Ola pricing showing in the search results, Google hopes to be on top of the mobile search and have a lot more use cases to offer to the smartphone population. The advantage here is you won’t have to open two apps one after the other, to check which ride will cheaper or available quicker before making a booking. Google Search can now be the go-to option for checking out cab rates. Of course, for the actual booking, you’ll still need the app.