Google has redesigned it’s Play Store, which focuses on sections and sub-section as the new method of navigation. According to Android Central, the update has been rolled out for a few devices and others may receive the same soon.
Google has re-organized the categories and sub-categories to make it more user-friendly.
- Android Wear 2.0 to get updates via Google Play Store, adds WhatsApp integration
- Google Duo to see deeper integration into Phone dialer, Messages app: Report
- Google ad blocker for Chrome spotted in Android developer build: Report
- Google announces Make in India initiative for app developers
- Google Play Store 'My apps' revamp adds Updates tab, makes sorting easier
- Google to update Play Store icons: Here's what they look like
The company has updated the Apps and Games section with Top Charts, Games, Categories, Editor’s Choice as it’s sub-sections. Similarly, the Entertainment section has Movies & TV, Music, Books and Newsstand as sub-sections. The scrolling tabs in the sub-sections have been replaced by large size colored buttons for better readability and visual appeal.
That’s not all, the update also shows apps compatible with Android Wear separately. A watch-like icon will appear when you click on the “Read More” section, which will take you to a list of apps compatible with Android Wear. This is similar to Apple’s App store which shows all the apps that offer an app for its Watch.