Flipkart and Snapdeal have claimed huge sales on the first day of festive sales. Flipkart and Snapdeal are hosting ‘Big Billion Days’ and ‘Unbox Diwali’ sale respectively; which kicked off on October 2. Flipkart claims it sold over half a million products within one hour on Day 1 of the sale. The Flipkart ‘Big Billion Day’ sale witnessed the highest number of concurrent users in 5 minutes of going live, which is 10 times more than any given day. According to Snapdeal, 2 million users logged into the site during the first hour of sale. Early trends on Snapdeal has shown an increased interest in mobiles, appliances, personal electronics and furniture items. Snapdeal claims to have sold close to one lakh mobile phones in the first 8 hours of the sale.
Flipkart says it sold more Apple Watch units in 10 minutes than the total sale of Apple Watch online and offline in a month. Flipkart says it sold more Apple Watch units in 10 minutes than the total sale of Apple Watch online and offline in a month. “The Big Billion Days, like every year, has now set a new landmark in the history of commerce in the country. What makes it special is that the number of units sold in the first 6 hours of sale surpassed the total units sold in a day during the first day of The Big Billion Days in 2015! It’s a matter of immense delight to see this response from our consumers, inspiring us to make it even more special over the course of next 4 days of this sale,” said Kalyan Krishnamurthy, Head, Category Design Organization, Flipkart.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As for Snapdeal, nearly 700,000 concurrent users visited the site within first 5 minutes of the sale. Samsung J2 Pro and the LeEco Le Max2 were the top-selling smartphones in the first 8 hours of the sale on Snapdeal. “We are very excited to see the tremendous response in the initial hours of the Diwali Unbox Sale. Users have loved the additional, instant discount on Citibank cards. Many more exciting offers are lined up over the next days of the sale,” Saurabh Bansal, Vice President, Categories at Snapdeal said.
The Snapdeal Unbox Diwali Sale will be live till October 6. Flipkart ‘Big Billion Days’ sale will go on till October 6 as well.