We know Facebook views video as the next big content format and has been giving it a big push on News Feeds. Now Facebook will let users stream video to their Television sets via Google Chromecast or Apple TV. In a blogpost, Facebook announced users will be able to stream videos from Facebook feeds to their Television sets. So if you’re addicted to videos from Tasty or just like to watch funny videos on your Facebook feed, you now have the option of streaming them on a television set and seeing these on a bigger screen.
Facebook’s blog post says devices like Apple TV or Google Chromecast or other AirPlay-enabled devices will be supported on iOS. Streaming will also be supported from web browsers on desktops. Facebook plans to add the ability to stream from Android devices to Chromecast soon as well.
So how does the video-streaming from Facebook to TV work? First up, find a video you want to watch on your phone or desktop. If you’ve got a Chromecast or Apple TV setup, you should see the TV symbol in the top right corner on your iOS device. Just press the TV symbol, and then choose the device to which wish to stream the video.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Once you’ve selected this, the video will start playing on the television. According to Facebook, users have the option of going back and scrolling through their News Feed on the device they are streaming from, while the video continues playing on the television.
Also if a user is streaming a Facebook Live video to their TV, they will see real-time reactions and comments on the screen. Users who are streaming this live video on their television set will have the option of joining in the conversation by reacting or commenting.