3D Touch in the new Apple iPhone 6s series lets users peek aka get a preview of the content, without opening it. For instance, a slight press on messages in the new iPhones ‘pops’ up a preview of the message without the user having to open the message.
Apps like Instagram, Facebook, Dropbox, WhatsApp, etc have been using 3D Touch at the icon level, whereby users can go directly to a particular function on the app, when they do a hard press on the icon.
However deeper app integration with 3D Touch is still not there in many apps, and it looks like Facebook plans to change this in its iOS app.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to the TechCrunch report, Facebook says the 3D Touch feature will work on profiles, links, Groups, Facebook Events, and users will just have to do a light press to get a preview of the content without opening the link.
Facebook is currently testing the feature with a small group of users but it could take months before everyone gets the update.
The report quotes a Facebook spokesperson as saying, “We are excited to start rolling out support for 3D Touch in our iOS app so people can quickly and easily peek into a preview of anything they are interested in on Facebook, and pop into that content to see more.”
Apple’s 3D Touch technology is something that we could see in other smartphones as well. For instance, Huawei showed off its Mate S smartphone at IFA 2015 with a similar Force Touch technology and rumours also claim that Samsung could introduce a similar feature in its screen with the new Galaxy S7.