Facebook is reportedly testing a new Snapchat-like feature for its Messenger app. Facebook’s Messenger Day feature, which is similar to Snapchat Stories, was spotted by users in Poland. However, there’s no certainty the feature will expand to other countries as well. “In Poland we are running a small test of new ways for people to share those updates visually. We have nothing more to announce at this time,” Facebook told TechCrunch.
Messenger Day allows users to add graphics or text on to pictures and short videos before sharing then with friends. The site posted a screenshot of the new feature, where the Messenger Day option can be seen right above the conversation thread. It offers options like – My day, I’m feeling, Who’s up for and I’m doing – and users can add cartoon like graphics with them. For example, My Day has a ‘So Blue’ option with blue raindrops in the background. There’s a ‘So Done’ graphic response to My Day, which has a lightning bolt, cloud and raindrops drawn. Who’s Up for includes options like ‘Road Trip’, ‘Let’s go shopping’, ”Let’s grab drinks’ and more with relevant graphic representations. Users can click pictures and draw on them as well before sharing.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However, Messenger Day does not have Snapchat-like face masks etc, which are highlights of the messaging app. Facebook isn’t testing Messenger Day for its main app, which already offers a lot of features. Rather, the social-media giant is experimenting with its Messenger platform to make it more fun. Facebook-owned Instagram, recently rolled out Stories feature, which works exactly like Snapchat Stories. The Stories posted by users disappear after 24 hours and they can add stickers, text etc to pictures before sharing.