Social media giant Facebook is reportedly working on a software that will be capable of building a dictionary of slang terms used on the social networking website.
The software will scan for unique words used in Facebook posts and comments, and determine if these words have a particular meaning among a small group of people, The Verge reported.
According to the patent filing, “The software will look for the repeated use of particular words among users who share certain attributes, like language and location. Once the software has determined that a neologism isn’t yet largely associated with a particular definition, it will add the word to a glossary of terms.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
If a word starts shrinking in popularity, it would be removed. Words could also be added to the glossary based on user polls.
The patent filing also mentioned the possibility of an interface that would allow users to add, remove, and edit words in the dictionary, however, the glossary thing is just a concept and Facebook may never build it.