Facebook-owned Oculus VR has announced several new features and updates for its app on Gear VR including the ability to create a profile. The series of updates hints at the fact that Oculus is trying to make the immersive experience for users more social.
Also, starting next week, it will roll out a Facebook Videos tab to personalize 360 video feed page, Oculus said in a blogpost.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Now you can experience games, videos, and more with friends in VR! Starting tomorrow, people with a Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, can create a profile and then easily search for others on the platform by real name or Oculus username,” reads the blogpost.
Oculus has added new VR games like Social Trivia, Herobound in the Concepts section of its store. The new games allow users to team up or compete with people from all over the world. Users can also create chat rooms on Oculus Social and ‘watch Twitch or Vimeo streams in a room with people you know’.
Also, starting tomorrow, users can write a review for all apps available on Oculus Store. Oculus plans to allow users to like and share their favourite videos on Facebook, but that is likely to launched next week. “Later this month, we’ll release new tools for developers that make it even easier to create more incredible social VR games and apps.” Oculus said.