Facebook-owned Oculus VR has announced several new features and updates for its app on Gear VR including the ability to create a profile. The series of updates hints at the fact that Oculus is trying to make the immersive experience for users more social.
Also, starting next week, it will roll out a Facebook Videos tab to personalize 360 video feed page, Oculus said in a blogpost.
“Now you can experience games, videos, and more with friends in VR! Starting tomorrow, people with a Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, can create a profile and then easily search for others on the platform by real name or Oculus username,” reads the blogpost.
Oculus has added new VR games like Social Trivia, Herobound in the Concepts section of its store. The new games allow users to team up or compete with people from all over the world. Users can also create chat rooms on Oculus Social and ‘watch Twitch or Vimeo streams in a room with people you know’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Also, starting tomorrow, users can write a review for all apps available on Oculus Store. Oculus plans to allow users to like and share their favourite videos on Facebook, but that is likely to launched next week. “Later this month, we’ll release new tools for developers that make it even easier to create more incredible social VR games and apps.” Oculus said.