Facebook is testing a new feature for its Messenger platform that will suggest topics for conversation based on your friend’s recent activities. A Twitter user Chris Messina first spotted the feature on Facebook Messenger iOS app and posted the screenshot of the same. “Clever: @messenger now suggests conversation starters based on things your friends have done recently,” he said in a tweet. In the screenshot, we see a separate section called ‘Conversation Topics’ in the Messenger app. Messenger’s new feature shows activities of your friends such as where they visited last or what they are listening to and if there’s an event they’re interested in attending.
In this case, Messenger showed Messina the places his friends have recently visited. The suggestions appear below each person’s name and on the left is an indicator which shows when they were online last. In a separate screenshot put out by another Twitter user Dan Simpson, Messenger showed him suggestions based on what his friends listened to last and events they’re interested attending
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Facebook Messenger has recently added new features to make the platform more interesting. The ‘Conversation Topics’ feature is geared to boost user engagement, and will help users skip scrolling through their News Feed to know what their friends are up to as most basic activities will appear in Messenger. Also, this looks like a pretty good way to keep a tab on newly added friends and start conversations based on these suggestions.
Check out the tweets below:
— 🕸Chris Messina (@chrismessina) October 16, 2016
— (((Dan Simpson))) (@iamthedans) October 11, 2016
Facebook Messenger’s ‘Conversation Topics’ has only been spotted by a couple of users. Facebook could be testing it for a small group of people currently. However, it is unclear if Facebook plans to roll out the same for all Messenger users anytime soon.
A new data saver mode for Facebook Messenger was recently spotted as well. The feature will ask users to select specific content before downloading them while on cellular data connection. According to a report in TheNextWeb, the social media giant is currently testing the feature on Android beta version of the app. But if you’re keen on getting the data saver mode now, you can do so by signing up as a beta tester on Google Play Store.