Facebook has added a new ‘Valentine’s Day’ feature for Messenger. If you’ve tried sending a message on the app today, you’ll notice a little heart with an arrow right at the end. You can send a secret Valentine’s Day message to your love interest after clicking on the icon.
Once you click on heart, Facebook prompts you saying your ‘valentine’ will be gift-wrapped. While it’s a little confusing, just continue typing what you wanted to send and once you hit send, a gift-wrapped message will go out. The person will also get a gift-wrapped message, and once they tap on it, they’ll be able to read it.
Messenger VP David Marcus also wrote about the feature on his page, noting, “We wanted to make your Valentine feel even more special tomorrow, and help you put a smile on the face of your loved one. So we built the ability for you to gift-wrap anything you send, words, stickers, GIFs, … This is our Valentine special. Hope you’ll enjoy it! Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Messenger.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Ladies please watch out. The Valentine’s Day heart might cause the number of ‘message requests’ from strangers to rise, and you might receive a lot of gift-wrapped messages. Our advice: don’t accept, just ignore.
For the rest of our fellow mortals, who genuinely plan to use this feature to get out of the dreaded ‘Friend Zone’ to enter the GF/BF zone, well, all the best. And if this fails, you can try some of our smart gifting options for Valentine’s Day, because hey who doesn’t love a real gift.