Facebook has introduced a new feature to its social media profile today – Marketplace. According to the social media giant, people have been using Facebook to connect with each other – buying and selling products with the help of Facebook Groups. Marketplace is a single spot destination for a user to discover, buy and sell items with people in the community.
“More than 450 million people visit buy and sell groups each month – from families in a local neighbourhood to collectors around the world,” said Mary Ku, Director of Product Management, Facebook. “To help people make more of these connections, we’re introducing Marketplace,” she added.
Watch our technology video here
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
To start exploring the Marketplace, users need to tap on the ‘shop’ icon on the bottom of their Facebook app. The Marketplace opens to pictures of items that people near you have listed for sale. If a user needs to find something specific, just type in what you need on the search bar above. Users can also filter results by category, location and price, and shop in categories like Apparel, Electronics and Household.
Tapping on a product will show more details from the seller that includes product description, name and profile photo of the seller and also their general location. If a user decides to buy something, they can send a message directly to the seller from Marketplace to make an offer.
Facebook does not take part in facilitating the delivery or payment of items on the Marketplace, instead the buyer and the seller have to work out the details themselves.
If you are in the market of selling an item, the first thing to do is upload a picture to the Marketplace with the product name, price and description. Before posting the item, a user needs to confirm his location and select a category.
Users can keep track of all past and current transactions in the Marketplace by visiting the ‘Your Items’ section. This section will also show saved items to buy later.