The Facebook app for users with Blackberry 7.1 and earlier OS versions and those with BB10 OS will stop receiving further updates from March 31 onward. BlackBerry, in a post said, “Those wishing to continue using Facebook are encouraged to move to the web-based experience which will provide the most feature rich alternative.”
BlackBerry users will have to perform a mandatory update for the Facebook app on March 31, which will take away a number of core features like the Hub integration, contact synchronisation, notifications and more.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BlackBerry explained that the native Facebook application on other platforms such as Android and iOS use a private API, which is not available for general use. And the API has not been made available to BlackBerry, it added.
Blackberry itself has dropped BB10 in favour of Android and this move from WhatsApp just makes it clear that there is no life for BB10 devices.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp recently announced that it will end support for for its app for BlackBerry devices including BlackBerry 10 by the end of 2016.
The decision came as WhatsApp completed its seventh anniversary. “As we look ahead to our next seven years, we want to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use,” it said.