The Facebook app for users with Blackberry 7.1 and earlier OS versions and those with BB10 OS will stop receiving further updates from March 31 onward. BlackBerry, in a post said, “Those wishing to continue using Facebook are encouraged to move to the web-based experience which will provide the most feature rich alternative.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
BlackBerry users will have to perform a mandatory update for the Facebook app on March 31, which will take away a number of core features like the Hub integration, contact synchronisation, notifications and more.
BlackBerry explained that the native Facebook application on other platforms such as Android and iOS use a private API, which is not available for general use. And the API has not been made available to BlackBerry, it added.
Blackberry itself has dropped BB10 in favour of Android and this move from WhatsApp just makes it clear that there is no life for BB10 devices.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp recently announced that it will end support for for its app for BlackBerry devices including BlackBerry 10 by the end of 2016.
The decision came as WhatsApp completed its seventh anniversary. “As we look ahead to our next seven years, we want to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use,” it said.