iOS 9 has been rolled out by Apple along with a new Google Play Store app, the first ever from Apple. The ‘Move to iOS’ app will let Android users migrate to iOS hassle-free and is probably one of the most important and much-needed apps from Apple, given how incompatible Apple devices can with anything else.
‘Move to iOS’ app, lets users transfer their contacts, Message history, Camera photos and videos
Web bookmarks, Mail accounts and Calendars easily to iOS.
- China's WeChat reaches agreement with Apple over app's tipping feature
- Apple says sorry for slowing down older iPhones, slashes price of batteries
- Apple faces lawsuits in US for slowing down old iPhones: All you need to know
- Apple plans to create integrated apps for iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Apple iOS 11.0.1 now out for iPhone, iPad: Fixes Exchange mail issue, and more
- Apple iOS 11's top features: Revamped Control Center, Dock on iPad and more
According to Apple, when a user chooses to migrate their data, the iPhone or iPad will create a private Wi-Fi network and find their Android device running ‘Move to iOS’.
Apple explains, “After you enter a security code, it will begin transferring your content and put it in the right places. Just like that. Once your content has been transferred, you’re ready to get going. iOS will also set up your default mail account.”
The Move to iOS is supported on all phones and tablets running Android 4.0 and later.