Apple finally has a Twitter handle. No, it is not a corporate handle, but one to extend support to customers. The verified handle, @AppleSupport, has been live for just over a day and already has more than 1 lakh followers.
“We’re here to provide tips, tricks and helpful information when you need it most. We’re available every day to answer your questions, from 5am-8pm,” the account tweeted.
It is worth noting that Apple does not have a strong social media presence. The company neither has an official Facebook account, nor it is on Twitter, except for Apple Music. Apple Music is a similar Twitter account that helps customers with iTunes, music suggestions etc.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey took to his account on the micro-blogging site to welcome Apple Support. “A HUGE welcome to @AppleSupport! Now using Twitter to provide customer support through tweets and DMs!,” he said. Check out the tweet here:
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
— Jack (@jack) March 3, 2016
Apple is also using the account to reveal some cool new features. The company has already started putting out tips, tricks and tutorials. “The Notes app has some awesome hidden tricks. “A favorite of ours: how to turn lists into checklists. #AppleSupport ,” it posted along with with a picture of how to use it.
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) March 3, 2016
Apple Support was stormed by hundreds of questions regarding apps, battery and Apple id within a day of its launch. “@AppleSupport my apple 6 dies at 70 percent. Help. Consistently dies!!!” was one such question, “@AppleSupport I have photos on an old iPhone backup. But not on my current iPhone. Anyway to access them or get into my icloud?” another. Apple Support responded to the queries by providing links or other required assistance.
If the massive response is anything to go by, this seems like something Apple’s millions of users were waiting for. The Apple Support account has been also helping users by directing them to Apple specialists on issues where it cannot be solved online.