Apple finally has a Twitter handle. No, it is not a corporate handle, but one to extend support to customers. The verified handle, @AppleSupport, has been live for just over a day and already has more than 1 lakh followers.
“We’re here to provide tips, tricks and helpful information when you need it most. We’re available every day to answer your questions, from 5am-8pm,” the account tweeted.
It is worth noting that Apple does not have a strong social media presence. The company neither has an official Facebook account, nor it is on Twitter, except for Apple Music. Apple Music is a similar Twitter account that helps customers with iTunes, music suggestions etc.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey took to his account on the micro-blogging site to welcome Apple Support. “A HUGE welcome to @AppleSupport! Now using Twitter to provide customer support through tweets and DMs!,” he said. Check out the tweet here:
— Jack (@jack) March 3, 2016
Apple is also using the account to reveal some cool new features. The company has already started putting out tips, tricks and tutorials. “The Notes app has some awesome hidden tricks. “A favorite of ours: how to turn lists into checklists. #AppleSupport ,” it posted along with with a picture of how to use it.
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) March 3, 2016
Apple Support was stormed by hundreds of questions regarding apps, battery and Apple id within a day of its launch. “@AppleSupport my apple 6 dies at 70 percent. Help. Consistently dies!!!” was one such question, “@AppleSupport I have photos on an old iPhone backup. But not on my current iPhone. Anyway to access them or get into my icloud?” another. Apple Support responded to the queries by providing links or other required assistance.
If the massive response is anything to go by, this seems like something Apple’s millions of users were waiting for. The Apple Support account has been also helping users by directing them to Apple specialists on issues where it cannot be solved online.