The US space agency has released its popular NASA app for a new platform – the fourth-generation Apple TV – that will provide you access to NASA TV on your TV as well live views from the International Space Station (ISS).
The NASA app, available for free in the App Store on Apple TV, has been downloaded more than 17 million times across all platforms.
“The NASA app has been a fantastic way for the public to experience the excitement of space exploration from their mobile devices,” said David Weaver, NASA associate administrator for Communications.
“Now, users with the latest Apple TV can explore and enjoy our remarkable images, videos, mission information, NASA Television and more on the big screen with the whole family,” he added in a statement.
- Apple is said to plan selling video subscriptions through TV app
- Google Files Go app now supports Odia language
- Apple iOS 12 to focus on quality: Release date, expected features and more
- IPL 2018: BSNL IPL pack offers 153GB of 3G data for 51 days at Rs 248
- Getting smarter with your smartphone: Apps that help you learn STEM
- WhatsApp for iOS updated with two new features, displays Status on iPhone’s ‘Today View’
The NASA app for Apple TV offers several features for users.
You can watch live streaming NASA TV and get a real-time view of the Earth from the space station.
The users can view more than 15,000 images individually or as a continuous slideshow and play “on demand” NASA videos.
They can view other NASA satellites pass overhead, based on their location and discover the latest NASA mission information.
“The users can listen to NASA’s online radio station “Third Rock” and view the Earth as art image gallery,” NASA said.