Is the mobile story slowly coming to a halt? Well, the mobile growth data from Flurry, the top app analytics tool owned by Yahoo, shows robust growth in app usage, but the numbers are surely on the decline when compared to the past couple of years.
“While the growth rate has declined (58% in 2015 compared to 76% in 2014 and 103% in 2013), it remains stunning as rates like these are rare in mature industries,” says the 2015 report.
“What was even more impressive is the majority of that growth rate came from existing users versus new users. In fact, in 2015, we estimate that 40% of the 58% total growth in sessions came from existing users, compared to 20% in 2014 and 10% in 2013. This jives well with the report we released last summer, showing a fast increase in mobile addicts,” says the report.
Flurry — which now tracks over 2.1 billion smart devices, worldwide on a monthly basis — defines app usage as a “user opening an app and recording what we call a session”. The report said the exception of Games, every app category posted year-over-year growth with Personalization, News & Magazines and Productivity leading the way with triple-digit growth.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Among the app segments that showed above average growth were personalisation, news and magazine, productivty and lifestyle-shopping apps. “When we looked deeper into the category, we noticed that the majority of the growth (in personalisation) is coming from Emoji apps (mainly keyboards) giving consumers the ability to share customised correspondence in their favorite messaging apps, such as Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Line and Snapchat,” the post said. Also, the growth in news apps validates the trend in media consumption, signaling a shift in media consumption from television and PCs to smartphones in general, and phablets in particular.