ZTE is all set to bring its Nubia line-up of smartphones to India and the first launch will take place on May 19, Tuesday. The company has sent media invites for the same as well. The new Nubia smartphone will be an Amazon India exclusive and the Amazon page has already gone live for it.
The Amazon page asks users to register if they want more information for the upcoming smartphone. According to rumours, ZTE could launch the Nubia Z9 Max or the Nubia Z9 mini which was recently launched in China.
The Nubia Z9 mini has a 5-inch 1920×1080 IPS display, 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor 16-megapixel rear camera and eight mp front camera. It comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage space. The Nubia Z9 Max has a bigger 5.5-inch full HD screen, with an octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor and 3GB of RAM.
- From Apple AirPods to Huawei Mate 10 Pro, seven futuristic gadgets that exist today
- ZTE Nubia Z17S and Z17 miniS with four cameras launched in China
- Nubia Z17 Mini with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage variant launched in India: Price, specifications
- Nubia Z11, N1 India launch on December 14: Here is expected pricing
- ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Express Review: Definitely the most versatile phone camera
- ZTE launches Nubia Z9 Mini smartphone octa-core CPU at Rs 16,999
While it is not clear which smartphone will launch in India, we’ll know more on 19 May. ZTE’s Nuoio launch will take place a day after another Chinese brand Meizu launches its own device in India.
Meizu is expected to launch its M1 Note phablet on May 18 in India. The Meizu M1 Note features a 5.5-inch FHD IPS display along with a 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. It runs on a 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6752 processor with 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory which can be expanded further through microSD card.
Looks like Xiaomi is all set to get some competition in India, although it remains to be seen what price points ZTE and Meizu will go for in India.