Xiaomi has announced a new Redmi Note 3 Explorer contest for 100 lucky winners in India, indicating that the smartphone could launch in the country soon.
The Redmi Note 3, if and when it launches will be the first ‘new’ phone from the company in the country. The last so called new phone from Xiaomi for India was Mi 4i, although it also introduced upgraded and made-in-India phones like Redmi 2 Prime and Redmi Note 4G Prime in 2015.
Xiaomi announced the contest on its Twitter account and details of the Redmi Note 3 Explorer contest are also listed on the MiIndia website.
According to the terms of the contest, 100 explorers will get to try the Redmi Note 3 smartphone first hand in India and will be ranked in the contest on the basic of the missions they complete, and support they get from other fans.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The explorers have to return the smartphone after the contest is over. Xiaomi says it will release more details soon. Last date for registering for the explorer contest in January 31.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was recently launched in China and comes with a full metal body, and a fingerprint scanner on the back.
The Redmi Note 3 has a 5.5-inch full HD display, runs the MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit octa-core processor, and sports a 13 mp rear camera with a 5 mp front camera. Xiaomi has launched two versions of the phone. One comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage space and the second has 3GB RAM and 32GB storage space.
The Redmi Note 3 runs Xiaomi’s MIUI 7 OS on top of Android Lollipop and has an extra large 4000 mAh battery. Like other Xiaomi smartphones, this is a 4G ready Dual SIM phone with both slots supporting 4G. Xiaomi says the phone is ultra-thin at 8.65 mm and weighs 164g.