Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone has been launched in China for CNY 699, which translates to around Rs 7,000. The budget Redmi smartphones- Redmi 1S and Redmi 2- are the most popular Mi phones in India and Xiaomi should surely not miss out on bringing the Redmi 3 to India.
Xiaomi has ditched plastic for the new phone. The Xiaomi Redmi 3 comes in a metal body with a textured rear panel. Colours variants include Gold, Grey and Silver. The smartphone sports a 5-inch 720p HD display and runs 1.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. It supports microSD cards of up to 128GB.
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A sale on Dec 14: Price in India, features, and specifications
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A price, review: A souped-up version of Redmi 4A that works
- Micromax Bharat 5 vs Xiaomi Redmi 5A: Which one is the best?
- Xiaomi 'Desh ka Smartphone' to launch in India today: Live stream, expected price, and more
- Top 5 mobiles under Rs 7,000 for 2017: Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite, Moto C Plus, and more
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite launched for India: Are these worth considering?
Running on Android-based MIUI 7, it offers a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera. It is a dual SIM device with support for 4G and comes with regular connectivity options. It is powered by a 4,100mAh non removable battery with support for fast charging.