Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone has been launched in China for CNY 699, which translates to around Rs 7,000. The budget Redmi smartphones- Redmi 1S and Redmi 2- are the most popular Mi phones in India and Xiaomi should surely not miss out on bringing the Redmi 3 to India.
Xiaomi has ditched plastic for the new phone. The Xiaomi Redmi 3 comes in a metal body with a textured rear panel. Colours variants include Gold, Grey and Silver. The smartphone sports a 5-inch 720p HD display and runs 1.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. It supports microSD cards of up to 128GB.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X specs, price confirmed ahead of Valentine's Day sale
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi 4A launched: Here's a comparison with the Redmi 3 series
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with Helio X20 processor launched in China: All you need to know
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4 could launch today in China
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime launched: Here's our first impression
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S to launch in India next week
Running on Android-based MIUI 7, it offers a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera. It is a dual SIM device with support for 4G and comes with regular connectivity options. It is powered by a 4,100mAh non removable battery with support for fast charging.