Xiaomi has put out a new teaser on its Weibo handle, which indicates a new smartphone could be launched soon. The teaser has been seen as confirmation that Mi Note 2 will be launched by the Chinese technology company.
Xiaomi’s Weibo post reads, “Love it, no one lose” with an image that said: “2>5,” which has some have taken as proof that Mi Note 2 is coming.
Rumours claim Xiaomi is working on a range of new devices, including a new version called Mi 5s which could feature Apple iPhone style 3D Touch. New versions of the Redmi series are also in the pipeline claim recent reports, out of China.
A recent report by Gizchina claimed, the Mi Note 2 will come in two variants; one with a standard 1080p display, while the flagship phone will have a 2K curved display. Rumours around the Mi Note 2 have been doing the rounds for sometime.
- Flipkart Billion Capture+ vs Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Moto G5s Plus: Price, specifications comparison
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s spotted with iPhone X-like notch? No, that is fake
- Xiaomi Mi A1 review: Dual-rear cameras shine on this 'Android One' phone
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 launch set for today: Live stream, release date, and everything you need to know
- Coming up next week: Apple iPhone 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 could launch on July 25: report
Xiaomi’s original Mi Note was never actually launched in India, although this year the company has been fairly active in launching new devices in the country. Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 and the latest Mi Max smartphone are now all available for sale in India.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2’s top-end version could come with a dual camera setup at the back, Hi-Fi chip and super quick charging feature. It remains to be seen if the new Mi Note 2 also comes with 6GB RAM on-board, like some other recent flagships.
Xiaomi is also working on another variant of its flagship Mi 5 called Mi 5s. The smartphone is expected to hit the markets later this year. A report on MyDrivers reveal Mi 5s could come with a pressure-sensitive display, similar to Apple’s 3D Touch. The high-end Mi 5s will come with 6GB RAM, claims the report.