Xiaomi Mi 5, the new flagship smartphone from the Chinese tech-start-up will launch in India on March 31. The company has sent out press invites for the event, which will take place in New Delhi. The Mi 5 was unveiled in China at 1999 Yuan or approximately Rs 21,000 and could be priced at under Rs 25,000 in India. But we’ll have to wait and see how Xiaomi prices the new Mi 5 in India.
Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in three variants – 3GB+32GB, 3GB+64GB and 4GB+128GB storage options. The 4GB version with 128GB RAM is called as the Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro. Once again, we will have to wait and see if Xiaomi launches all three versions in India. Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15-inch full HD display, and is powered by Qualcomm’s latest and most powerful Snapdragon 820 processor.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On the camera front, Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a 16MP primary camera with 4-axis OIS and 4MP secondary camera. The smartphone comes in a metal and 3D ceramic variant. Mi 5 will run MIUI 7 based on Android 6 Marshmallow.
Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra had confirmed that the Mi 5 India launch at the Redmi Note 3 launch event. India is the second country where the Xiaomi Mi 5 is launching so quickly. It was first introduced in China and saw over 16 million pre-bookings. The smartphone was launched globally at Mobile World Congress 2016.