Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra on Thursday confirmed that the company’s 2016 flagship Mi 5, which went on sale in China two days ago raking in over 16 million bookings, will launch in India within a month’s time. The smartphone was launched globally at Mobile World Congress 2016.
During Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 launch, Hugo Barra expressed the company’s commitment to India market and how Xiaomi happens to be a startup at heart even after significant success with its smartphone business.
Watch: Xiaomi Mi 5 First Look
For Xiaomi, India comes as most important market after its home turf of China. Lately, the company has failed to entice its Mi fans with any significant product launch.
With Redmi Note 3 launch, Hugo Barra says Xiaomi is beginning a “whole new chapter of growth here”. Xiaomi Mi 5 is the successor to Mi 4, which was launched almost 19 months back.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15-inch full HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The smartphone comes in three variants – 3GB+32GB, 3GB+64GB and 4GB+128GB storage options.
On the camera front, Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a 16MP primary camera with 4-axis OIS and 4MP secondary camera. The smartphone comes in metal trim and 3D ceramic variant.
Xiaomi Mi 5 was launched in China at 1999 Yuan or approximately Rs 21,000. The smartphone could be priced at under Rs 25,000 when it launches here in a month’s time.