Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra on Thursday confirmed that the company’s 2016 flagship Mi 5, which went on sale in China two days ago raking in over 16 million bookings, will launch in India within a month’s time. The smartphone was launched globally at Mobile World Congress 2016.
During Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 launch, Hugo Barra expressed the company’s commitment to India market and how Xiaomi happens to be a startup at heart even after significant success with its smartphone business.
Watch: Xiaomi Mi 5 First Look
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For Xiaomi, India comes as most important market after its home turf of China. Lately, the company has failed to entice its Mi fans with any significant product launch.
With Redmi Note 3 launch, Hugo Barra says Xiaomi is beginning a “whole new chapter of growth here”. Xiaomi Mi 5 is the successor to Mi 4, which was launched almost 19 months back.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15-inch full HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The smartphone comes in three variants – 3GB+32GB, 3GB+64GB and 4GB+128GB storage options.
On the camera front, Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a 16MP primary camera with 4-axis OIS and 4MP secondary camera. The smartphone comes in metal trim and 3D ceramic variant.
Xiaomi Mi 5 was launched in China at 1999 Yuan or approximately Rs 21,000. The smartphone could be priced at under Rs 25,000 when it launches here in a month’s time.