Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi on Tuesday announced its second phone in the Indian market, the Redmi 1S. Aimed at the budget segment, the phone has been priced at a very competitive Rs 5,999 and will be available only on Flipkart.
Flipkart will once again has a flash sale model for its new phone, though Xiaomi’s vice-president international Hugo Barra said they would have a substantial stock in place when the phones go up for sale on Sept 2. Pre-booking for the devices has started at 6pm on Tuesday (August 26). Only those who have registered by midnight on September 1 at www.flipkart.com/Mi will be eligible to purchase the phone from September 2.
With an 4.7-inch HD screen portected by Dragontrail and powered by a 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor, the phone will pose serious competition to devices like the Moto E and the Lumia 530. Barra claimed the Redmi 1S was superior in specs and performance to any other phone available in nearby price points.
The dual-SIM phone also features a 8MP rear camera and comes with ƒ/2.2 aperture, 28mm wide angle lens, and 1080p video recording. With 1GB RAM, the phone will have 8 GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB. Running MIUI version 5, the phone will be powered by a 2000 mAh battery.
Barra said this phone was launching with the full suite of accessories, which includes a SIM card convertor to let people with micro-SIMs use the phones mini SIM slot.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
One of the distinct features of the phone is a Lite mode that makes UI simpler and less confusing for elderly users. In fact, popular as the senior mode in China, this feature offers bigger tiles and text.
ALSO READ: There is something different about Xiaomi