Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi on Tuesday announced its second phone in the Indian market, the Redmi 1S. Aimed at the budget segment, the phone has been priced at a very competitive Rs 5,999 and will be available only on Flipkart.
Flipkart will once again has a flash sale model for its new phone, though Xiaomi’s vice-president international Hugo Barra said they would have a substantial stock in place when the phones go up for sale on Sept 2. Pre-booking for the devices has started at 6pm on Tuesday (August 26). Only those who have registered by midnight on September 1 at www.flipkart.com/Mi will be eligible to purchase the phone from September 2.
With an 4.7-inch HD screen portected by Dragontrail and powered by a 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor, the phone will pose serious competition to devices like the Moto E and the Lumia 530. Barra claimed the Redmi 1S was superior in specs and performance to any other phone available in nearby price points.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The dual-SIM phone also features a 8MP rear camera and comes with ƒ/2.2 aperture, 28mm wide angle lens, and 1080p video recording. With 1GB RAM, the phone will have 8 GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB. Running MIUI version 5, the phone will be powered by a 2000 mAh battery.
Barra said this phone was launching with the full suite of accessories, which includes a SIM card convertor to let people with micro-SIMs use the phones mini SIM slot.
One of the distinct features of the phone is a Lite mode that makes UI simpler and less confusing for elderly users. In fact, popular as the senior mode in China, this feature offers bigger tiles and text.
ALSO READ: There is something different about Xiaomi