Chinese smartphone maker, Xiaomi, has announced that the company has ‘sold more than half a million phones in less than 72 hours’. The company had announced sales across top online retail platforms during their festive sales, including Snapdeal, Paytm, Flipkart and Amazon.
With half a million phones sold, Xiaomi India head, Manu Kumar Jain said in a Facebook post, “This means close to 2 phones were sold per second during first three days of October. Based on what we know, no other brand has ever achieved this in India.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jain shared the numbers of devices sold during this period in his post. According to him, the Redmi 3S was the best selling product during Flipkart’s ‘Big Billion Days’ sale; Redmi Note 3 was the best selling phone on Amazon’s Great Indian Festival sale, while the Mi Band 2 was the best selling wearable and Mi Power Bank the best selling powerbank on Amazon.
Jain claimed that the four of the top six selling products in the electronics category of Amazon were Mi products.
“More than six months of rigorous planning and hard work has helped us set a new benchmark in the industry. Last year we sold more than half a million phones in 30 days during the month of October, and this year we were able to achieve a similar number within 3 days,” Jain added in his post.
Among the top deals offered by Xiaomi include a Rs 3,000 discount on Mi 5, Rs 1,000 off on Mi Max, Rs 500 and Rs 1000 off on Redmi Note 3 (2GB/3GB) respectively. Mi 10,000 power bank received a price cut of Rs 500, while the Mi 20,000 power bank for a Rs 300 cut in price.