If you are a professional or an executive, then you need a full-fledged desktop operating system. I’m a big fan of tablets, but let’s face it, you can’t do the kind of work on an iPad or Android as you can on a Mac or Windows.
Unfortunately, this means that when you’re travelling, you need to carry a laptop, a tablet and your trusty smartphone. And that means carrying your laptop cable, your tablet cable and your smartphone cable—some of us might be lucky enough that one cable works for two of those devices, but definitely not all three.
The Asus Transformer Book T100 changes this standard scenario by going with a standard microUSB cable for charging and pricing it cheap. Put those two together and it’s the travelling executive’s new best friend. Why, you ask?
1) The T100 is a laptop-tablet hybrid. Now, we know that hybrids aren’t quite that good yet, and that’s largely because Windows 8’s app ecosystem is just not good enough. But when you’re travelling, all you need from your tablet is the ability to read a book on Kindle or some articles on Flipboard, or play a game of Angry Birds, or watch a short movie. In tablet mode, Windows 8 is good enough for that. So if, for the few days of travel, you can sacrifice the huge number of apps that an iPad or Android tablet gives, then the T100 saves you the trouble of carrying your tablet with you.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
2) The T100 uses a microUSB cable to charge. And I can’t begin to tell you how much of a difference this makes. What this means is that if you have a non-iPhone smartphone, you can use the same cable for your phone, tablet and laptop. One adapter, no big mess of cables in your suitcase, and a standard is followed across the world. You’ll find a microUSB adapter almost anywhere today.
Pro tip: Just in case you do use an iPhone, I’d still say ditch your Lightning cable and get a Lightning to microUSB adapter. It won’t get frayed like Lightning cables are notorious for and you can again go around with just one cable and this adapter tucked away in your wallet.
Gadgets are meant to make our lives easier, we shouldn’t be changing our lives to accommodate them. When you’re travelling, you don’t want the burden, both physical and mental, of different devices and their many adapters. The Asus Transformer Book T100 is the most convenient option for the on-the-go executive to get a laptop that’s good enough for office work, a tablet that’s good enough for light entertainment to unwind, and travel light by leaving your heavy laptop charger and adapter at home.
TOMORROW: The Asus Transformer Book T100 review