Vivo has announced its latest camera smartphone Y55L in India. Vivo’s Y55L is the first smartphone from the company to utilise selfie flash technology.
Vivo Y55L is compact and lightweight like company’s V3 smartphone. The device features a 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.
Watch all our tech videos below
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Vivo says the smartphone is an attempt to offer compact form factor and unibody aluminum design at budget price. Vivo also announced that Kent Cheng will now serve as CEO of India operations.
“At Vivo, we are constantly expanding our sales channels and planning to expand to many other Indian cities via offline sales,” said Vivek Zheng, CMO, Vivo India. He added, “We are almost closer to manufacturing million handsets a month in our Greater Noida facility and will soon expand the manufacturing base further.”
Vivo Y55L sports an 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. The rear camera comes with support for manual mode and HDR mode while the front camera gets screen flash support. Vivo Y55L is not the first smartphone to feature this mode. Apple iPhone 6S last year and Gionee S6 Pro recently also use similar selfie enhancement feature.
Vivo Y55L runs company’s custom Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android Marshmallow. The new ROM brings support for Blue light filter and smart split screen option. Vivo says future updates will bring some of the key elements of latest Android to the Funtouch UI.
Vivo Y55L will be available online as well as offline retail channels for Rs 11,980, which puts it in the same price range as Xiaomi’s best selling Redmi Note 3 smartphone.