This is one phone where the specs don’t really matter. What matter is the name and, of course, the price tag. This is the Constellation from Vertu, the world’s top premium phone maker.
It is not that the specs are not there. Vertu Constellation runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on a Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core 1.7 GHz processor and has 32GB of internal memory. The 13 MP rear-facing camera can record full HD video (1080p), while the a front-facing Skype compliant camera is 1.3MP. The phone obviously has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
But then most of the top end Android phones have similar features. So what are you paying the Rs 4,74,995 for?
That would be the “melodicring tones” especially composed for Vertu and performed by the London Symphony Orchestra, and a set featuring English bird songs. “All of these ringtones benefit from Vertu engineers’ meticulous approach to mobile audio engineering, resulting in unparalleled acoustic clarity. Constellation also features uplink noise cancellation software, as well as aptX support, which guarantees superior playback quality when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers,” says a release.
Then there are Vertu’s range of exclusive services, Vertu LIFE and Vertu CERTAINTY. The former offers customers a personalised selection of exclusive privileges and unrestricted access to elite events , while the latter protects the customer, their phone and data through best-in-class technology and expert partners. Users will be entitled to encrypted communications in partnership with Silent Circle, global Wi-Fi access via iPass, personal and corporate security with Protector Services Group and anti-virus by Kaspersky.
So, ready to pay the price of exclusivity?