Microsoft CMO Chris Capossella has confirmed development of the Surface handset from the company. At a podcast interview, Capossela spoke about Surface branded handset.
During the interview, Capossela hinted at the development of Surface branded phone, and he calls it ‘a breakthrough device’ for Windows 10 Mobile ecosystem. He also called it the equivalent of the Windows Surface tablet, which could be a hint at more Continuum features.
Microsoft has been struggling in the mobile space since the launch Windows Phone 7. The addition of basic features have been slow and app developers have never been forthcoming about the OS. Till now, Instagram Beta on Windows Phone doesn’t even show verified profiles.
While Capossela has confirmed the development, the device doesn’t seem to be coming out anytime soon. Surface Phone has been leaked before too with Evan Blass revealing the slow development of mystery device earlier.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Microsoft recently announced the launch of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL in India at a price that were in line with the pricing of Google’s flagship Nexus 6P. With Surface business turning profitable, it makes more sense than ever before for Redmond to launch Surface-branded Windows 10 mobile device.