The low-range smartphone buyers can now look beyond Android. Spice has launched India’s first smartphone running FireFox operating system at a price of Rs. 2,299- which is cheaper than the cheapest Android smartphone available in the market currently. Called the Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1, the smartphone houses a 3.5-inch HVGA capacitive touch screen along with a 2 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front camera. Powered by a 1 GHz processor, the Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1 has dual-SIM functionality with 2.5 G connectivity. It doesn’t support 3G connectivity.
Spice Fire One is purely targeted to the nearly 90 per cent of the feature phone users wanting to switch to smartphones. The device is aimed at the masses that are looking for ward to use a cheap smartphone to make calls, messages, email, and stay connected on social media.
“With the ultra-low cost Spice Fire One, we at Spice, aim to convert the feature phone users into smartphone users, thereby, aiding them with the power of Internet,” said Prashant Bindal, Chief Executive Officer, Spice Mobility Ltd.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Based on the open web, the phone has unique features like Adaptive App Search or the Single Window Search and allows users to find all relevant information and apps available on the web together at a single click. This device also supports several Indian languages like Hindi, Tamil and Bangla and comes preloaded with Facebook, Twitter and Connect A2 apps.
Intex is also looking forward to launch its first Firefox smartphone called Cloud FX on August 25. The price of Cloud FX could be under Rs. 2000.
The launch of Firefox smartphones at dirt cheap prices will increase the existing competition in the low-range Android smartphone market and the price of Android smartphones may fall further.