The Samsung Galaxy S5, the latest in the Korean smartphone giant’s hugely successful flagship range, will be launched in India on March 27. There are also indications that the company will launch its new Gear range of smartwatches along with its flagship phone in India. It is not clear whether this includes the Gear Fit fitness band as well. It is launching these devices together in other markets too.
The big question now is how Samsung will price the phone. We believe the 16GB version of the phone will be priced around Rs 50,000.
The Samung Galaxy S5 is not hugely different from the earlier editions and will carry the same design language forward with minor tweaks. It is, however, dust and water resistant. The biggest upgrade is the camera that offers the world’s fastest autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds coupled with advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR). It also features a finger print scanner among other things.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo have better connectivity and a “completely integrated approach for the most personal wearable experience”. The biggest change with the first generation would the camera, which is now in the body and not the strap. Powered by the Tizen based wearable platform, Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo are compatible with most of the company’s top-end smartphone offerings.
So, how has the Samsung Galaxy S5 evolved from its predecessors? Here is an infographic provided by Vserv.mobi that captures the evolutionary journey made by the S Series till the S4, including specs as well as how they have performed.
Our guess is that the phone will be priced a bit above Rs 40,000.