The Samsung Galaxy S5, the latest in the Korean smartphone giant’s hugely successful flagship range, will be launched in India on March 27. There are also indications that the company will launch its new Gear range of smartwatches along with its flagship phone in India. It is not clear whether this includes the Gear Fit fitness band as well. It is launching these devices together in other markets too.
The big question now is how Samsung will price the phone. We believe the 16GB version of the phone will be priced around Rs 50,000.
The Samung Galaxy S5 is not hugely different from the earlier editions and will carry the same design language forward with minor tweaks. It is, however, dust and water resistant. The biggest upgrade is the camera that offers the world’s fastest autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds coupled with advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR). It also features a finger print scanner among other things.
The Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo have better connectivity and a “completely integrated approach for the most personal wearable experience”. The biggest change with the first generation would the camera, which is now in the body and not the strap. Powered by the Tizen based wearable platform, Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo are compatible with most of the company’s top-end smartphone offerings.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
So, how has the Samsung Galaxy S5 evolved from its predecessors? Here is an infographic provided by Vserv.mobi that captures the evolutionary journey made by the S Series till the S4, including specs as well as how they have performed.
Our guess is that the phone will be priced a bit above Rs 40,000.