Samsung on Tuesday launched two versions of its new Galaxy Tab S tablets in India. The super thin tablets feature Super Amoled displays and are primarily aimed for those who use their tablets to consume a lot of video. The 8.4-inch version has been priced Rs 37,800 while the 10.5-inch one will cost Rs 44,800.
“We noticed that most tabets users, especially in India, use their devices primarily for consuming video. This tablet will cater primarily for those users… the Samsung Galaxy Tab S offers the most immersive visual experience possible on a tablet,” said Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT at Samsung India.
The tablets have a WQXGA (2560x1600p) display, which will be the biggest selling point of these tablets. They will both be powered by Exynos 5 Octa processor running a 1.9 GHz QuadCore and 1.3 GHz QuadCore running simultaneously. Running Android 4.4 KitKat, they will both have 8 MP rear cameras. The tablets come with voice calling and are LTE (FDD) compatible. There is internal storage of 16GB which can be raised to 128GB with an external card.
The big difference between the two devices is the battery which is 7,900 mAh for the larger screen and 4,900 mAh for the smaller one.
Samsung is pushing the Tab S as a range different from the Note tablets and aimed primarily at those who want to use the device for consuming content. So the tablets will comes with access to 100 free HD movies on MyPlex, 3-month free subscription of 21 Indian magazines and a free e-book every month from Kindle.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More