Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge’s launch will take place on February 21 at MWC in Barcelona, but it seems a new video by their Indonesia team has already given a glimpse at the new devices.
In a video shared on YouTube by Samsung Indonesia, titled Samsung Galaxy: Get Ready for #TheNextGalaxy, we see Indonesia’s national archer Dellie Threesyadinda training along with a phone, which many have assumed to be the new Galaxy S7.
Incidentally at one point the phone appears to be waterproof too, if one goes by the video. Also the phone supports wireless charging.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The video confirms what the leaks have indicated; that the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will have the same design as the S6 series. In fact the ‘new phone’ looks exactly the same, except of course for the water-proof bit.
Earlier the price of the Galaxy S7, S7 edge had been revealed by a a Netherlands website. This ‘leak’ was similar to what Sammobile had reported earlier. Reports claim that the 32 GB model of S7 and S7 edge will start at euro 699 and euro 799 respectively.
Samsung Galaxy S7 will also come with a microSD card slot, a feature that was missing in S6 series.
Rumours claims Samsung will also introduce Apple’s Force Touch display in the new phones with pressure-sensitive screens, although not too many details have leaked around this supposed feature.
Samsung S7 could come with two different chipsets based on region: the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC and its own Exynos chipset. A new report on 9to5google also claims that Samsung Galaxy S7 will come with a huge 3,600mAh battery.
Samsung’s ‘The Next Galaxy’ event is happening on February 21 at 1900 CET (11.30 PM IST). We’ll have more updates once the launch is official.