Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge’s launch will take place on February 21 at MWC in Barcelona, but it seems a new video by their Indonesia team has already given a glimpse at the new devices.
In a video shared on YouTube by Samsung Indonesia, titled Samsung Galaxy: Get Ready for #TheNextGalaxy, we see Indonesia’s national archer Dellie Threesyadinda training along with a phone, which many have assumed to be the new Galaxy S7.
Incidentally at one point the phone appears to be waterproof too, if one goes by the video. Also the phone supports wireless charging.
The video confirms what the leaks have indicated; that the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will have the same design as the S6 series. In fact the ‘new phone’ looks exactly the same, except of course for the water-proof bit.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Earlier the price of the Galaxy S7, S7 edge had been revealed by a a Netherlands website. This ‘leak’ was similar to what Sammobile had reported earlier. Reports claim that the 32 GB model of S7 and S7 edge will start at euro 699 and euro 799 respectively.
Samsung Galaxy S7 will also come with a microSD card slot, a feature that was missing in S6 series.
Rumours claims Samsung will also introduce Apple’s Force Touch display in the new phones with pressure-sensitive screens, although not too many details have leaked around this supposed feature.
Samsung S7 could come with two different chipsets based on region: the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC and its own Exynos chipset. A new report on 9to5google also claims that Samsung Galaxy S7 will come with a huge 3,600mAh battery.
Samsung’s ‘The Next Galaxy’ event is happening on February 21 at 1900 CET (11.30 PM IST). We’ll have more updates once the launch is official.