Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge launched in India today at Rs 48,900 and Rs 56,900. Samsung showcased the new phones at the MWC in Barcelona just last fortnight an this in one of the fastest launches in India by the company ever.
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are available for pre-orders from March 8 to March 17. The new S7 will go on sale on March 18.
Samsung is also offering free Gear VR virtual reality headset with pre-orders of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The pricing is definitely competitive considering Xiaomi’s Mi 5 launch scheduled for early next month.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Also, the phones have a different version for Indian running the Exynos processor from Samsung and not the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. Another unique feature for India is what Samsung is calling concierge services, including a personal assistant on the phone.
Galaxy S7, S7 edge come with a glass-metal design seen the S6 series, although both phones are slightly thicker than the previous versions.
Galaxy S7 has a 5.1-inch display, while the S7 edge comes with a 5.5-inch display. Both smartphones have an ‘Always-On Display,’ and are IP68 water and dust-resistant.
Galaxy S7 comes with 4GB RAM (LPDDR4) RAM; 32 and 64 GB storage space with micro-SD slot supported (up to 200 GB extra space). It also comes with a newer ‘Dual Pixel’ technology 12 megapixel rear camera with F1.7 aperture with Smart OIS feature. The front camera is five megapixel with F1.7 aperture. Samsung says the Dual-Pixel technology allows perfect shots even in low-light conditions.
While the Galaxy S7 comes with a 3,000 mAh battery, the S7 edge has a 3600 mAh battery. Both phones support fast-charging and wireless charging.
The Galaxy S7 has been launched with two processors: One is a 64-bit octa-core processor (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) and the second a 64-bit quad-core processor (2.15GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Dual).
Samsung is likely to launch the phone here with its Exynos 8890 processor and not the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.