Samsung has confirmed that it will launch Galaxy S7and Galaxy S7 edge in India on March 8. The invite reads, “Witness the Next Galaxy Revolution as it unveils its new sensation”.
Samsung Galaxy S7 series improves on the all the flaws of its predecessor. The Samsung flagships are up for pre-orders in the US and Europe. Since the company has not revealed the price, it would be intresting to see if the devices are priced below Rs 60,000 in India.
Video: Samsung Galaxy S7 First Look
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Galaxy S7, S7 edge feature the same glass-metal design seen the S6 series. The 5.1-inch Galaxy S7 and 5.5-inch Galaxy S7 edge are constructed with 3D glass and metal and feature an ‘Always-On Display.’ The phones are IP68 water and dust resistant.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 comes with 4GB RAM (LPDDR4) RAM and will have 32 and 64 GB versions. Both phones also have a micro-SD slots with up to 200 GB support.
The Galaxy S7 series has a ‘Dual Pixel’ 12 megapixel rear camera with F1.7 aperture with Smart OIS feature. The front camera is five megapixel with F1.7 aperture.
The battery in the Galaxy S7 is 3,000 mAh and supports fast-charging along with wireless charging. Fingerprint, Barometer, Hall and HRM. The new Galaxy S7 edge has a bigger 3600 mAh battery. It also features the dual-edge screen seen in the previous series.
The Galaxy S7 appears to have two processors, one is a 64-bit octa-core processor (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) and the second a 64-bit quad-core processor (2.15GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Dual). Samsung has not revealed whether it is using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 as rumours had indicated. But the rumours, suggest that the smartphones are expected to launch with Exynos 8890 in India.